Thursday, October 13, 2005

'Auf Der Maur' - Melissa Auf Der Maur

Most famoulous known as the bassist from hole and the smashing pumpkins. This is Auf Der Maur's first solo project. Although not having the strongest vocals or the most amazing voice Miss Der Maur certainly makes the most of it.

The songs are well written with explosive and really interesting lyrics. Her sound is something reminiscent of hole and the smashing pumpkins but something much more is it behind. I really think she has an eplosive and raw talent.

There are so many unique and interesting songs on this album , it's a really absorbing CD and I've found myself waiting for a second album (which is on the way according to her website).

I'd also heard that Auf Der Maur had funded the making of this album from her own pocket even before having a label to distribute the album which certainly shows her passion for the music produced on this album.

I don't think any review I could ever rate could really do this CD enough justice.

recommended tracks - Taste you, Taste you (French version), Followed the waves, Head unbound, I'll be anything you want, skin receiver and I need I want I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment