Wednesday, October 5, 2005

"Fires" - Nerina Pallot


I first encountered Nerina at a Jamie Cullum concert at Audley End House. She was one of the two support acts. After listening to her there and loving her voice and the whole live performance I went on to buy the album fires.

The album itself is well constructed and Nerina's voice really carries on the tracks. This album seriously went beyond my expectations and it has fast become one of my favorite albums.

She's certainly could be considered very Tori Amos and you do get a lot of Joni Mitchell from her tracks. For those who require a more recent artist in comparison I'd suggest KT tunstall though I would rate Nerina's material as better.

As far as I'm aware she has wrote the material on the album herself and it really carries in the songs. I love the lyrics and her sound and I shall certainly be keeping my eye on her in the future.

Recommended tracks are - Everybody's gone to war, Damascus, Idaho and geek love.

No comments:

Post a Comment