Tuesday, October 4, 2005

New Blog

I'm getting fed up, fed up with Music Journalists who "review" music albums. I'm fed up with them saying things are amazing just because they are flavour of the month (Franz Ferdinand, NME), fed up with the total disregard for someone's music based on the fact that they are "uncool" (Jamie Cullum, Guardian).

Music should be based on the music itself, not the image that comes with it. Which is why I am setting up this new site. A place to review albums, new and old based purely on the music. I'd like some suggestions for what to review, but I would also like YOU, yes YOU, to review some as well, as it is not just my opinion that matters. Mine is mearly personal taste, so is yours, but more than one persons opinion counts for so much more. If you message me, drop me an email, leave me a comment, I'll add you as a member to this site, and you too can add your reviews.

I'm interested to hear what other people say, you never know, it might get us listening to a new band.

No comments:

Post a Comment